2020 SPRING REC SOCCER
WMSC spring soccer is open to PreK-8th Graders.
DATES: May 14 through Jun 15
Tuesday and Thursday
LOCATION: India Brook Fields (Not India Brook Park)
97 Ironia Road
COST: $ 90 K-8 Early Bird Discount
$120 K-8 After March 14th
$ 50 PreK (4-5)
WEATHER: The decision to cancel a session due to inclement weather is usually made the day of the session.
We do play in the rain but a session will be cancelled for thunder or lighenting.
If there are storms in the forecast, please stay nearby as the conditions can change quickly.
Field conditions are also taken into consideration if we need to cancel an event.
Tuesdays and Thursday Timeslots:
4:20pm - 5:20pm - Kindergarten through 3rd grade GIRLS
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Kindergarten through 3rd grade BOYS
6:40pm - 7:40pm - ALL 4/5/6/7/8th graders
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm - Pre K Boys
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm - Pre K Girls
- 2 sessions per week are available for all K-8th Grade Players. No Saturday sessions for the 2020 season.
- 1 Friday session for PreK.
- Cost is fixed regardless of how many sessions your child attends. We understand your child may not be able to attend all sessions. You do not need to email us to report an absence
- There are NO uniforms. In an effort to keep costs low as well as allow flexibility in setting teams, players MAY USE pinnies when playing. We have invested in child-sized pinnies for use (thanks to those that have previously provided feedback).
- Shin guards are mandatory for all players.
- Earrings are not permitted.
- The goal with spring soccer is to afford the players as many touches on the ball as possible. Sessions are divided into 30 minutes of skills training and 30 minutes of game play on small fields.
- Spring REC soccer is NOT the same as Fall REC soccer.
- Teams are created on the field (gender and age) each session, based on who shows up to play. We know children have lots of other spring activities and it is okay if your child cannot participate in all of the sessions.
- Cheshire Trainers serve as both trainers and coaches. There are no parent coaches.
Questions not answered herein? Please contact Claire at email@example.com